Convenience and efficiency for soil and seed
PÖTTINGER offers you a comprehensive range of intelligent solutions for tillage and drilling that make your everyday work easier and more efficient.
SEED COMPLETE: Your complete package for optimised agriculture
With SEED COMPLETE, PÖTTINGER offers a tool for your success by optimising the management of your farming operations. SEED COMPLETE is a package of intelligent smart farming solutions including a communication unit offered for our VITASEM, AEROSEM and TERRASEM seed drills.
SECTION CONTROL and VARIABLE RATE CONTROL are available as standard equipment.
Your advantages with SEED COMPLETE:
- Stress free operation for the driver with the seed drill switching on and off automatically.
- Increases efficiency and improves the cost effectiveness of the farm: Saves resources.
- Avoids overlaps in wedge-shaped fields when sowing and fertilising.
- Takes into account the differences in soil quality and yield potential within a field during drilling.
SECTION CONTROL refers to the automatic switching of whole or partial working widths of the implement. SECTION CONTROL is a convenient, efficient and resource-saving solution for headlands and awkwardly shaped fields.
SECTION CONTROL makes sure that you have tidy ends at the headland for one final perimeter pass. By avoiding unwanted overlaps, you save resources, avoid crop growth rate differences, prevent inconsistent crop densities, reduce the threat of disease, pests, and weeds. Another advantage is that first the inside of the field and then the headland can be worked on.
VARIABLE RATE CONTROL
VARIABLE RATE CONTROL offers site specific application of seed/fertiliser taking the site soil conditions into consideration. The basis for this is an application map, which you create on the farm PC before starting work in the field. An FMIS (Farm Management and Information System), of which there are now various providers, will help you. An application map provides information on the application rates adapted to the soil conditions, which are marked in different colour zones. When creating application maps, you can draw on your own experience with the respective field, as well as soil samples, satellite data, etc.
The intelligent distributor head
IDS - flexibility that pays dividends
The unique IDS system (Intelligent Distribution System) controls all outlets via the bus system. This opens up completely new capabilities in seed row and tramline switching. With IDS, there are no limits to the freedom you have when working. IDS is perfect for contractors and machinery rings.
It is easy to set the tramlines at the terminal - there is no need to change the hoses.
Choose any of the following:
- Tramline widths
- Track widths
- Special tramline switching
- Dual tramline systems
- Half-width shut-off
The intelligent heart of the system
The IDS distributor head ensures uniform crop growth by maintaining a completely consistent seed count in all coulter pipes.
Reliable & convenient: Tramline switching
Tramline switching is performed electronically using actuator motors. Straighforward setting and monitoring functions using the terminal.
Seed flow monitoring for convenience and operational safety
With SEEDFLOW CONTROL, PÖTTINGER offers you convenient seed flow monitoring for all pneumatic seed drills. Each coulter pipe is fitted with a sensor which checks the seed flow. The sensor sensitivity can be adjusted in three stages depending on the seed material (fine, normal, large).
Seed flow monitoring is displayed on each terminal, on the POWER CONTROL, EXPERT 75, CCI 1200 and on the ISOBUS tractor terminal. In the event of a blockade, the driver receives a message about the current status. If a coulter pipe becomes blocked, the row number is displayed directly on the terminal.
Additional convenience is provided by the LED lights mounted directly on the sensor on each coulter pipe. This allows the driver to immediately detect the clogged seed line even when the seed drill is dusty or at night.
PCS – Precision drill technology
All-in-one for pure flexibility
PCS (Precision Combi Seeding) integrates precision seed drilling technology into a pneumatic seed drill, offering another option to dedicated single seed drills. This means more flexibility and more economically operation.
A seed drill for 4 applications
- Maize without fertiliser
- Maize with fertiliser
- Maize with companion crop
Your advantages with PCS
- Reduction in investment costs by combining pneumatic seed drill with single seed drill
- Multiple uses for machine combination
- No separate precision seed drill required
- Independence from contractor
- Reduction in fixed operating costs per hectare
- Expansion to range of applications - high flexibility
Improves the environment and energy situation
- Minimises erosion by leaving behind a surface without marks
- Grass seed erosion protection drilled simultaneously in a single pass
- Fewer passes
- One-pass maize planting
- More efficient and saves more fuel
- Higher productivity
- Dressing dust goes directly into the furrow and is covered immediately
DUPLEX SEED – sowing maize in double rows
Intelligent maize drilling in double rows DUPLEX SEED
If your AEROSEM is equipped with PCS, you can also sow maize in double rows: With 12.5 cm spacing within the double row, double grain spacing and 75 cm double row spacing. This intelligent configuration has numerous advantages:
- Performance increase when sowing a higher driving speed
- Maize in twin rows gives the plant perfect growing conditions
- Up to 30% more space between each seed - more light - more nutrients - increased photosynthesis
- Up to 70% larger area per plant - more water - improved root penetration - less competition between plants
DUPLEX SEED for more cost effectiveness
- Reduces the risk of erosion
- Better shade on the ground - fast row integration
- Up to 5.5% increase in yield with silage maize
- Up to 5.5% increase in yield with corn maize
Camera supported seedbed preparation
Your way to the best working results
Best quality tilth and optimum preparation of the seedbed are key to successful seed germination and growth. The seedbed should ideally be as coarse as possible and as fine as necessary. In practice, it is a challenge to select the right tillage intensity of the soil to match each crop. The main issue is to avoid ponding and crusting on silty soils. That is because cultivating the soil too finely leads to erosion, making it easier for fine soil particles to be washed away. However, eroded soil is valuable capital that the farmer then loses.
Perfect seedbed thanks to real-time measurement
The award-winning development by PÖTTINGER - camera assisted seedbed preparation focusses precisely on this issue to enable consistent seedbed preparation and seed placement depending on the condition of the soil. The system measures in real time the surface roughness of the soil using images from a camera mounted between the power harrow and the seed drill that detects depth differences. The PTO speed and driving speed of the tractor (only with CNH tractors (Class III)) are regulated as a function of the roughness values recorded. The unit therefore controls the tractor automatically to adapt to changing soil conditions. The working results are an optimised seedbed with uniform tilth across the entire field.
Your advantages with Camera supported seedbed preparation
- Optimum soil structure, exact depth placement, ideal germination conditions, rapid emergence, stress resistant plants for plant protection applications
- Minimises proportion of fine soil: Erosion reduction
- Less driver fatigue: Fully automated work sequence, no visual check of the seedbed necessary any more
- Optimisation of diesel consumption: No more manual adjustment of rotor speed and driving speed required
- Night work is also possible because the system does not rely on daylight
- Possible to create a surface roughness map of the field: Useful for subsequent processes
Profiline: Convenient operation from the tractor seat
Profit from the equipment options and operate your 8 or 10 metre wide TERRADISC machine without leaving the cab.
The Profiline version machines are set up and controlled using the ISOBUS control system. This is fully hydraulic and can be operated using the EXPERT 75 terminal or the monitor in the tractor. You can control all the settings from the tractor seat.
Operated at the press of a button
- Fold the disc harrow at the press of a button
- Hydraulic depth adjustment - varying the working depth from 5 to 15 cm
- Pressure adjustment of the frame sections for consistent ground tracking
- Pressure adaptation of the shock absorber for smooth operation
- Inclination adjustment - no side pull
- Adjustment of the working depth when disc diameters decrease
- Load sensing system for perfect ground tracking and ensuring a long service life for your tractor's hydraulic components
- Headland sequence - lift and lower at the push of a button or using the tractor's control system via a joystick
More advantages thanks to Profiline
- All cylinders are equipped with position sensors so that parameters such as pre-tension pressure and exact working depth are displayed on the screen.
- A hectare counter and operating hours counter with memory enable exact documentation of each job.